CENTCOM: US redirects 85 vessels since start of Iran's naval blockade
The number of vessels redirected by U.S. military forces since the start of Iran's naval blockade, which has been in effect for more than a month, has reached 85.
The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) made this statement.
"CENTCOM continues to strictly enforce the U.S. blockade of Iranian ports. U.S. forces have so far redirected 85 commercial vessels," the statement published by the command on X said.
U.S. forces began the naval blockade of Iran on April 13. The U.S. Central Command stated that it intends to block the movement of all vessels heading to the ports of the Islamic Republic as well as those attempting to depart from its shores. As noted by Iran's Permanent Representative to the UN Amir Said Iravani, by establishing a naval blockade of the republic, accompanied by the seizure of commercial vessels and the detention of crews, the United States is effectively acting like pirates and terrorists.
Source: TASS












