U.S.-Iran talks have entered their final stage
Talks between the United States and Iran have entered their final stage, the Saudi television channel Al-Hadath reported on Thursday, citing a high-ranking source.
"Indirect talks between the United States and Iran through mediators have entered their final stage," the source said.
According to the source, a visit by Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi to Pakistan is planned for the weekend or early next week.
A source told RIA Novosti earlier that Araghchi would be received by the commander of Pakistan's army, Asim Munir, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Deputy Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar.
On July 10, at the beginning of a new round of escalation in the conflict between Iran and the United States, Pakistani Prime Minister Sharif said that Islamabad was ready to continue playing the role of mediator between the two countries.
U.S. President Donald Trump said on July 8 that the ceasefire reached with Iran on the night of June 18 was no longer in effect. Since July 8, the U.S. military has carried out several series of attacks on Iran. The U.S. Central Command claimed that this was done allegedly in response to Tehran's actions against commercial vessels crossing the Strait of Hormuz.
Source: RIA Novosti












